Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance Needed for Cisco AnyConnect Issue on New Machine

techMacson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing this message in search of assistance and guidance for a problem I have been experiencing with Cisco AnyConnect on a new machine. First and foremost, I'd like to mention that Cisco AnyConnect works perfectly on other two machines, but on a new one (fresh windows 10 Pro 22h2 installation), I have not been successful in getting it to function properly.

Machine is a very common machine, nothing fancy. 5 to 8 years old tower.

I have tried various versions of the software, including the anyconnect-win-4.7.04056-predeploy-k9.zip, which worked flawlessly on my other machines. However, on the new machine, I cannot make it work. In addition to this version, I also attempted to use version 4.10.04071 and the latest one available at that time, 4.10.07073, but on both occasions, I encountered the same negative outcome.

Firewall turned off. No AV, only Windows Defender, as onto other machines. Good ping to XML service, good tracert, all OK. But looks like connection starts, prompts for credentials, logs correctly and then 5 seconds after falls.

The specific problem I am facing is reflected in the Windows event logs, where the following errors are recorded:

Error 1:

• Function: CServicePluginMgr::GetSettings
  • File: c:\temp\build\thehoff\phoenix_mr70.416163397004\phoenix_mr7\vpn\agent\servicepluginmgr.cpp
  • Line: 289

Error 2:

• Function: CPhoneHomeStatus::LoadStatusFromConfigFile
  • File: c:\temp\build\thehoff\phoenix_mr70.416163397004\phoenix_mr7\phonehome\phonehomepluginimp.cpp
  • Line: 289
  • Message: Config file "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\CustomerExperienceFeedback\CustomerExperience_Feedback.xml" does not exist.

Error 3:

• Function: CThread::invokeRun
  • File: c:\temp\build\thehoff\phoenix_mr70.416163397004\phoenix_mr7\vpn\common\utility\thread.cpp
  • Line: 463
  • Invoked Function: IRunnable::Run
  • Return Code: -32112629 (0xFE16000B)
  • Description: BROWSERPROXY_ERROR_NO_PROXY_FILE

I've seen there're bugs on previous versions. But as I've said, I've tried all of'em.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions you can provide to help resolve this issue on my new machine. I am willing to provide additional information if needed to diagnose and address this inconvenience.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards.

5 Replies 5

techMacson
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning. Anyone?

Orange SAT says:

"We have checked the connection attempts and apparently they arrive ok to our server but the connection is cut after 4-5 seconds."

techMacson_0-1702638416860.png

And then they say:

"The first rows of the 27/11 are from tests performed by us (Orange), from a Windows 10 with a fiber access outside Orange and has worked without problem."

The other ones are my tries.

When I try to connect via "connect" button, I get login prompt, so I reach the server.
If it were a different problem, I would not even get there and therefore, I would not even have a login prompt.
And once the credentials are entered, it connects properly, but it crashes immediately!

Log says:

techMacson_3-1702638639095.png

This is the loop. Establishing and suddenly, BANG, ready to connect.

Need assistance please. Any CISCO guru?

Souns like a BUG on windows pro 22h2 to me...

Maybe something releated with this past feature?

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvw23502

Hi ,

Did you find any solution ?

If yes, could you share it ? I have same error.

thank you very much for any support.

best regards and happy new year!

emma

Hi! Good morning and happy new year!

I'm so sorry but no... I'm still waiting for a solution. It's crazy. Luky I'm on a Citrix platform and I can manage to remote work by other means...

What looks TERRIBLE to me, is that no Cisco Admins or Labs or SAT colud sany anything about this situation, as it's their product and they should be able to talk about whats releated on certificates or through this very issue which clearly looks like an specific bug to me.

What hard platform do you work with? Intel? Which series? Home i7-i5-i9? Server Xenons?

OS version? What is your case?

Thanks.

Any news? Have you find a solution? No one is answering, so it seems Cisco Admins don't care at all...

inally, he found the issueS. I can tell you wht happened in my side if it helps you :

- BROWSERPROXY_ERROR_NO_PROXY_FILE is not a significative error and it is no the cause of the issue

- the issue came from the parameter I had in the Anyconnect profile. I let all parameters as default and in my case, i have declared locaaly anyconnect users in my routeur. Then, I should have the parameter "Windows VPN Establishment" = AllowRemoteUsers

-with Cisco support, we have also changed in local policy the parameter "Bypass Downloader" to True

After these changes, AnyConnect was still operationnal until that I stopped the remote desktop connection which was running. There is a conflict between both applications and the WA proposed by Cisco is to stop RDC during AnyConnect establishes the connection. While Anyconnect is connected, you can open a RDC as you like. there is no longer conflict.

I hope it will help in your investigation.

best regards

emma