Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya VoIP phones over VPN

We are in the process of migrating from Juniper NetScreen firewalls at all of our sites to Cisco ASA's.

I have a IPSec VPN configured between a 5515-x at the main office and a 5505 at a remote branch.

All is working fine for data as file shares, RDP etc. work OK in both directions.

However, I am trying to get some Avaya 1608 phones working on the LAN at the remote branch connecting to an Avaya S8300 media server at the main office.

The handsets can connect to the S8300 and download their configuration and can call and receive calls from other handsets at the main and other remote sites, however, they do not get dial tone and when the call is answered, there is no audio in either direction.

We have had this setup working successfully for some time with the Junipers, but I cannot find a way of getting the handsets working properly with the ASA's.

Has anyone got any experience of doing this, and is there anything else I need to do on the VPN to get them working?

2 Replies 2

David paull
Level 1
Level 1

Honestly, most security guys tend to stay as far away from voice as possible...but voice guys have to deal with what we put out all the time.  For that reason, you just *may* get a better response in the voice forums.

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Do you have inspection of voice enabled on the ASA firewalls? If you so, try to disable the inspection and see if it helps.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**