cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure AD SAML Cisco ASA AnyConnect

James Lytle
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ASA firewalls that I am configuring the AnyConnect app in Azure AD.

Firewall A works fine, SSO takes care of autologon using MFA in Azure AD.

Firewall B also works, but differently.  SSO still handles the autologon using MFA in Azure AD, but additionally a web page titled AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client pops up and says "You have successfully authenticated.  You may now close this browser tab."

How on this green earth do I turn that off?!?!  It only happens on 1 of the firewalls, and both are configured exactly the same, except, of course, for the base URL and the ca cert that is specific to the app.

It is driving me absolutely insane!

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

16 Replies 16

that's the odd thing about this.  iDP is the same between the 2 firewalls.  all is configured identically.  using azure ad for saml.  that was the first thing i thought of since it works fine on one and not the other.  would be great if this window auto closed.

what version of the ios are they running?  beginning to think it's a 9.9 vs 9.10 difference maybe?

James Lytle
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out it was a difference in IOS versions.  The one that did NOT have the annoying popup was running 9.10.1, the one that did have the popup was running 9.9.1.  Upgraded to 9.10.1, and no popup!  Problem solved.