Views
Helpful
Replies

Both port Cisco Remote ACCESS VPN

sergei-bilan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a quastion) Can I use two ports to connect to a VPN gateway on a Cisco ASA? For example, the default connection looks like this: ravpn.testdomai.com and we understand that the connection is via port 443 by default, Is it possible to configure it so that both ravpn.testdomai.com and ravpn.testdomai.com:8443 are connected, for example, where in the second option do we specify the port?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That better' you use memberOf to make AD assign different group for each user.

MHM

View solution in original post

Sorry I have not clear the second option in detail earlier in my post. Two VPN endpoint can be acheived if ASA AnyConnect VPN with two public interfaces, commonly known as Dual ISP setup, for redundancy and load balancing purpose.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 nameif outside1
 security-level 0
 ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 nameif outside2
 security-level 0
 ip address Y.Y.Y.Y 255.255.255.0
!

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

As I know the port is config for all webvpn not per tunnel-group.

But let me make double check.

MHM

unfortunately NO you can not.

but why you want to make Anyconnect use two port to separate the them to group ?

MHM 

Want to isolate traffic

If you use local username then you can use group-lock for username and hence each group have it different policy

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/ios-easy-vpn/117634-configure-asa-00.html

MHM

No local, i use AD nps

That better' you use memberOf to make AD assign different group for each user.

MHM

No, you cannot directly connect to a VPN gateway on a Cisco ASA using two ports simultaneously for AnyConnect SSL VPN access.

Here's why:

ASA Limitation: Cisco ASA listens for AnyConnect connections on a single port. By default, this is port 443, which is also commonly used for HTTPS traffic.

Client Configuration: AnyConnect client software is designed to connect to a specific hostname or IP address on a pre-defined port.

However, there are alternative approaches to achieve a similar outcome:

1. Change Default ASA Port: You can configure the ASA to listen for AnyConnect connections on a different port, like 8443 in your example. This would involve modifying the ASA configuration.

2. Separate VPN Endpoints: If you require redundancy or want to isolate traffic, it's possible to set up two separate VPN endpoints on the ASA. Each endpoint would have its own hostname or IP address and potentially a different port (443 for one and 8443 for the other). Clients would then connect to the specific endpoint they need.

Here are some resources that you might find helpful:

The second option suits me on one ASA with two VPN endoints. Can you tell me how to implement this? You can add a second connection point without a special port

Sorry I have not clear the second option in detail earlier in my post. Two VPN endpoint can be acheived if ASA AnyConnect VPN with two public interfaces, commonly known as Dual ISP setup, for redundancy and load balancing purpose.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 nameif outside1
 security-level 0
 ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 nameif outside2
 security-level 0
 ip address Y.Y.Y.Y 255.255.255.0
!