Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access LAN Subnet - Anyconnect VPN configuration on ASA 5506

NathanBoothby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am still new to Cisco and having a bit of an issue.

I am trying to set up a Anyconnect VPN and unable to get the anyconnect clients to talk to LAN. I have been reading previous posts and so far have been unsuccessful. I believe I have correctly configured as per reading the previous posts.

So my main question is, do I need any other equipment on the inside to get the two subnets talking or is it just a config issue? At the moment as this is a new network we only have a dumb switch between asa Inside interface and desktop PC's.

LAN subnet 10.1.1.0

VPN Clients 10.1.10.0

I'll attach the config.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Kind Regards,

Nathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Thank you for your response, I ran the command as requested and understood the fail message (So I think) I then added these access rules:

access-list inside_access_in_1 line 1 extended permit ip object LAN object VPNPOOL
access-list outside_access_in line 1 extended permit ip object VPNPOOL object LAN

I then had success both ways on packet-tracer.

Added the fail and success from 10.5 to 1.10

Still not getting ping responses

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,
Can you run packet-tracer from the CLI and upload the output.
e.g- "packet-tracer input outside tcp 10.1.10.5 3000 10.1.1.10 80"

Hello,

Thank you for your response, I ran the command as requested and understood the fail message (So I think) I then added these access rules:

access-list inside_access_in_1 line 1 extended permit ip object LAN object VPNPOOL
access-list outside_access_in line 1 extended permit ip object VPNPOOL object LAN

I then had success both ways on packet-tracer.

Added the fail and success from 10.5 to 1.10

Still not getting ping responses

My bad, ICMP was being blocked on windows firewall. Those Access rules did the trick! 

Thank you very much!