cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Install VPN Client

Bortega104
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install VPN Client 3.54, but when I try to install, it comes back and gives me this error message..

"VPN client is not compatible with Microsoft's Internet Connection Sharing. Internet Connection sharing must be uninstalled before VPN can be installed."

I do have the computer hooked to a router (Linksys) to connect to the internet through..IS this the problem??

I've looked under Internet Options under the Internet Explorer and it says "Never dial a Connection"

What can I do to get the VPN client installed on this computer?

I'm using an EMachine with Windows XP

thanks

Barbara

3 Replies 3

andrew.grimes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem, although I'm trying to install VPN Client 4.0 on a Dell laptop and desktop, both running XP Pro which are connected to cisco routers. Any suggestions?

I have the exact same set up, running XP SP2...did anyone figure this out for you? Neither machine has the internet connection sharing feature enabled, but it still won't let me install. I Would love to hear a possible solution.

XxTRAINxX
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check this link out?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b3c.shtml

From the page:

You need to disable ICS if you encounter the "must disable ICS" error message while trying to install or upgrade to VPN Client 3.5.X.

Note: In VPN Client 3.5(1)D and later, there is an added a parameter to ignore the ICS check prior to install. For more information, see bug ID CSCdw75927.