cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot reinstall AnyConnect after updating Windows 10 - Error 1722

Tom907
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I updated my system to Windows 10 2004 and did not uninstall AnyConnect beforehand.  I launched AnyConnect after updating Windows but received an error, so I tried to uninstall and then reinstall (version 4.6).  The new installation fails with the error code 1722:

Product: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action VACon64_ndis6_Install, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\VACon64.exe, command: -install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\\vpnva-6.inf" VPNVA

I searched online and saw this other thread regarding the same error https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/anyconnect-re-install-on-windows-10-hanging/td-p/2703272 but I don't have any "vpnva-6.inf_amd64..." folder in the current Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. Prior to updating to Windows 10 2004 the folder did exist in that location but was moved to Windows.old during the system update.  Additionally, I looked through C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log and could not find any oem###.inf files associated with AnyConnect - only with other drivers listed in the log.  Does anyone know of a solution for this AnyConnect install error?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom907
Level 1
Level 1

I got it resolved. I reverted back from Windows 10 2004 to the previous version and then ran the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from Microsoft to remove remnants of the old AnyConnect install.  Then I reinstalled AnyConnect and now it's working.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

4.6 isn't supported in windows anymore due to its used security algorithms.
Try 4.8 or 4.9.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

I just tried installing AnyConnect 4.9 as well and encountered the same 1722 error.  Additionally, I tried running "ifcleanup" as suggested in this article without success. I also used Revo Uninstaller to try to remove remnants from the old AnyConnect install which did not resolve the problem either.

Tom907
Level 1
Level 1

I got it resolved. I reverted back from Windows 10 2004 to the previous version and then ran the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from Microsoft to remove remnants of the old AnyConnect install.  Then I reinstalled AnyConnect and now it's working.

staranov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This issue is not solved. It may be getting solved on a case by case basis, but it has never been truly solved. My laptop recently went through an IT pushed Windows update Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1052) and when an update was pushed for AnyConnect, the installation after uninstallation now fails. It fails with the same exact 1722 error which has been seen for many years across many different AnyConnect and Windows version.