cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Anyconnect GUI Text and messages

ornibd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to change AnyConnect Client GUI Text and Messages. I tried changing from Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Customization/Localization > GUI Text and Message and also from language localisation. 

Try the solution that is available at Cisco https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/customize-localize-anyconnect.html

However none of solution work for me. Asa 9.14 and ASDM 7.17 and AnyConnect Client 4.10 is running on my system. 

Is there any other way to do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ornibd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Its working now. I have gone through below steps. 

1. I have exported the AnyConnect template file from "Configuration>Remote Access VPN>Language Localization"
2. Modified the file using editor at my local machine according to my requirement. 
3. Then imported the template in six different Language to "Configuration> Remote Access VPN> Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Customization/Localization> GUI Text and Messages" this location

Its working now!

Thanks for the solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yes, there might be a few other ways to customize AnyConnect Client GUI Text and Messages.

Here are the steps:

1. Create a customization file: You can create a customization file that includes the text and messages that you want to display on the client GUI.

2. Upload the customization file: After creating the customization file, you need to upload it to the ASA. You can do this by navigating to Configuration ) Remote Access VPN ) Network (Client) Access ) AnyConnect Customization/Localization ) GUI Text and Message.

3. Apply the customization file: After uploading the file, you need to apply it to the group policy that is associated with the AnyConnect Client. You can do this by going to Configuration ) Remote Access VPN ) Group Policies ) Edit group policy ) Advanced ) AnyConnect Client ) GUI Customization.

Please note that after applying the customization, you need to restart the AnyConnect client for the changes to take effect.

If the problem still persists, you may want to check if the customization file is correctly formatted and doesn't have any syntax errors. Also, ensure that the file is in the correct location on the ASA, and the group policy is correctly configured to use the customization file.

If all else fails, there might be an issue with the ASA software version or the AnyConnect Client version. You may want to consider upgrading to the latest versions.

Remember to take a backup of your current configuration before making any changes.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

I think you do right steps until last one, you need to push new profile into anyconnect, am I correct ?

ornibd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Its working now. I have gone through below steps. 

1. I have exported the AnyConnect template file from "Configuration>Remote Access VPN>Language Localization"
2. Modified the file using editor at my local machine according to my requirement. 
3. Then imported the template in six different Language to "Configuration> Remote Access VPN> Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Customization/Localization> GUI Text and Messages" this location

Its working now!

Thanks for the solution.

I dont know your reply to cisco AI or to me'

But I am glad this issue solved

Have a nice day 

MHM