Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect 4.6 and windows 10

Srin_G
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am currently test AC4.6 with windows 10 SOE. I got the VPN,NAM and ISE posture module installed.

Once the authentication is finished, the windows10 laptop opens a browser session (device security check) straightaway before the compliance check is completed.

I wonder what causes the browser session to be opened. Any inputs are appreciated.

regards

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Windows OS does Active probing whenever it detects network change. Windows automatic probe detects that there is a redirect and opens up a web page. This is useful in cases where the user is a hotel or a public wifi - further authentication may be required after a redirect. 

With Posture, there is a redirect phase after the initial authentication while the posture is being checked (Posture state Unknown). You can disable the probing using a registry key given in the MS document if you don't want that probe to be run.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-vista/cc766017(v=ws.10) 

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the explanation. The link you provided shows error 404 content not found?

is there anywhere i can look for it?

cheers

Hi Rahul,

Thanks. I am currently testing this with the windows guys and will get back to you.

regards