Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect Client Settings?

KGrev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have Ike policies setup for anyconnect on our ASA. Where would I go on a windows client using anyconnect to setup these same parameters? Hopefully I am saying that correctly. I would need to configure matching settings on the device also correct?

Thank you for any advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@KGrev only IKEv2 is supported for Remote Access VPN, not IKEv1.

It's the policy number that specifies which to use first. You could create a new IKEv2 policy with stronger algorithms (AES-GCM, DH group 19/20/21) with a higher priority (lower number) than the existing policies.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

@KGrev the AnyConnect client natively supports IPSec algorithms (and TLS), you just need to install the AnyConnect VPN client and configure an XML profile to define the ASA/FTD server FQDN/IP and to specify to use IPSec (instead of TLS). The XML profile would be stored here - C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile

@Rob IngramThanks for your reply.

Looks like my xml profile does specify IPsec, and the other items are configured. Lets say I have multiple Ikev1 and Ikev2 policies configured for items that do not support the highest hashes and DHgroups. How does the anyconnect decide which policy to use from the ones I have available?

@KGrev only IKEv2 is supported for Remote Access VPN, not IKEv1.

It's the policy number that specifies which to use first. You could create a new IKEv2 policy with stronger algorithms (AES-GCM, DH group 19/20/21) with a higher priority (lower number) than the existing policies.

@Rob IngramThanks again for your help.

So one lest question just to make sure I've got all my things in order here. It just so happens that there are 4 IKEv2 policies on our ASA's numbered 1, 10, 20, and 60. In this case 60 will always be chosen first to establish a connection or "SA" if I am using that correctly? What condition would make it drop down to lets say #20?

@KGrev sorry, to clarify- the lower the priority number, the higher the priority. So 1 would be preferred over 10,20 or 60. If you've got really weaker algorithms defined on the ASA/FTD that AnyConnect no longer supports, the next lower priority number would be selected

Thanks for your help @Rob Ingram , that really cleared up a few things for me!