cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Deployment

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

We are currently using Cisco VPN Client.  I'm looking to migrate to Cisco Any Connect.  Our ASA 5520 has 750 IPSec and 2 SSL license.  I also have approximately 40 IPSec site to site VPN's on this.  Here is what I'd like to know?

1- Will anyconnect interfere with the site to site tunnels?

2- If I setup anyconnect with the IPSec instead of SSL do I still need to purchase the premium or essentials license?

3- Lets say if I do have to get the license and I get essentials will it cause any issues with the site to site VPNs?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No. No at all.

2. Anyconnect Essentials licenses the ASA to provide IPSec remote access VPN using w/IKEv2 and SSL VPN with AnyConnect clients. Premium adds browser-based (clientless) SSL VPN, Cisco Secure Desktop support, ability to to Advanced Endpoint Assessment, and to use shared license pools in an ASA cluster. Note that Essentials and Premium AnyConnect license cannot co-exist on a given ASA. Once you license any AnyConnect Premium feature, it excludes the ability to also use AnyConnect Essential licenses (on that ASA).

3. See #1.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No. No at all.

2. Anyconnect Essentials licenses the ASA to provide IPSec remote access VPN using w/IKEv2 and SSL VPN with AnyConnect clients. Premium adds browser-based (clientless) SSL VPN, Cisco Secure Desktop support, ability to to Advanced Endpoint Assessment, and to use shared license pools in an ASA cluster. Note that Essentials and Premium AnyConnect license cannot co-exist on a given ASA. Once you license any AnyConnect Premium feature, it excludes the ability to also use AnyConnect Essential licenses (on that ASA).

3. See #1.

Thank you Marvin