cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Errors - The VPN client driver encountered an error.

Grimngor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello and thanks in advance.
I am getting the following two errors in Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client V. 4.7.04056 (the version and installer were provided by my employer). The errors popup after aproving the connection in my mobile app.

ERROR 1:
The VPN client driver encountered an error. Please restart your computer or device, then try again.

ERROR 2:

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.

And here is the message history of the app:

18:13:20 Ready to connect.
18:13:23 Contacting ______
18:13:30 User credentials entered.
18:13:41 Establishing VPN session...
18:13:41 The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...
18:13:41 Checking for profile updates...
18:13:41 Checking for product updates...
18:13:41 Checking for customization updates...
18:13:41 Performing any required updates...
18:13:41 The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.
18:13:41 Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...
18:13:41 Establishing VPN session...
18:13:41 Establishing VPN - Examining system...
18:13:41 Establishing VPN - Activating VPN adapter...
18:14:25 Establishing VPN - Repairing VPN adapter...
18:15:10 Disconnect in progress, please wait...
18:15:11 Connection attempt has failed.
18:15:11 Ready to connect.
18:15:14 Ready to connect.

I've been searching in internet without any luck and I tried a lot of different solutions including:
Restarting the computer, uninstalling and installing the client again with computer restarts in the middle. Ensuring ICS is disabled; allowing the Cisco service to interact with the computer, unchecking IPv6 in the Cisco network adapter, turning off the antivirus, running Cisco as Admin and in compatibility mode. Changin a registry key so the name Display name on it is cleaner, etc.

I don't know what else to do or try and I don't understand the problem. It shouldn't be the network either, I tried with my phone hotspot with the same result. Not to mention I am able to connect succesfully from my laptop, which is on the same Wifi network and also running Windows 10.

Any help will be much appreciated!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Below are a number of bug reports related to this problem, check if any may apply to your case :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=The%20VPN%20client%20driver%20encountered%20an%20error&pf=prdNm&sb=anfr

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Grimngor
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I tried to check, but the link may have something wrong. I get this message when I follow the link:

Invalid Bug ID
Please check the ID. It must begin with a CSC... Check ID and enter again to view accurate results.