cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect is clearing my adapter's statically assigned gateway address.

webatxcent
Level 1
Level 1

My workstation has a statically assigned IP address, along with the subnet mask, gateway and dns server. There are specific reasons why a static addressing scheme was chosen over a dynamic one.

When I use Cisco's AnyConnect to reach a client from this workstation, and then terminate the connection, I have found that my gateway address is completely blank. I now have to go into the adapter's settings and re-enter the gateway address.

Can anyone provide some insight as to why this happens and what, if anything, I can do to prevent it?

Switching to a dynamic addressing scheme is not a possible resolution.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyconnect should not ideally change the physical adapter settings, only create a virtual adapter where the assigned ip address is applied. Can you get attach the ipconfig/all before, during or after an anyconnect connection?

I just tested this on my Wireless adapter by assigning a static ip and gateway and this did not happen for me.

Sure. I ran ipconfig /all before, during and after the AnyConnect session.

Hmmm...do you have any AlwaysOn policy applied for your VPN connection? Attach the Anyconnect client xml profile if you have one.

Also, if you restart the Anyconnect service after disconnect, does the default gateway show back up?

Sorry for the delay in response, and thank you for your continued replies.

I do not know where I would find the AlwaysOn policy setting. Could you please advise?

The client did not provide any profile, so if there is a default XML profile could you advise where to find it?

No, restarting the service does not restore the default gateway.

You should look for the profile here:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile

It will be an XML file.

There is no XML file in the folder. The only file is a schema file AnyConnectProfile.xsd