Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5515-X

Hi Team,

In the Cisco documentation isn't clear how many VPN's any ASA has default.

I want to confirm how many VPN's are available in ASA 5515-X to connect remote sites.

I have clear that in case I need to connect remote users (Anyconect) I need to add the license for Anyconect, but what about the number of VPN IPSEC Site to Site between the Cisco ASA 5515-X and multiple remote sites?

Thanks for your support!

Best regards,

Neyton

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

250 is the limit for that platform (site-site VPNs and IPsec remote access combined).

See Table 1 here.

Hi Marvin,

Yes! I know that the ASA support 250 maximum VPN's.

The question is: Are these 250 VPN's available when you buy a new ASA or do you need to add any specific license to create a VPN from the ASA to anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

Neyton

No specific license beyond the base is required for site-site or remote access IPsec IKEv1 VPNs.

If you happened to acquire an ASA without the free 3DES-AES license ("k9"), you might want to add that (free via the self service licensing portal) so that you can choose strong ciphers.

Got it. So, when I buy any new ASA the base license supports the IPsec Site to Site VPN's that are in the previous table you shared me, correct?

For example:

Part Number: 

ASA5515-SSD120-K9 (It includes natively the 250 VPN IPsec Site-Site), is that correct?

Thanks!

Best regards.

Yes - that's correct.

You only need to add licenses to use AnyConnect Essentials, Premium or Mobile (which all changes as of AnyConnect 4.0 :) ) for SSL (client-based or clientless) or IPsec IKEv2 remote access VPN and optionally adding support for iOS and Android clients.

You're welcome and thanks for the ratings.

Excellent Marvin!

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,

Neyton