Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA ASDM issue

dim_ing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have  a pair of 2 cisco ASAv in Active/Standby mode which both are accessible via SSH but via ASDM only the Standby is and when I try to connect to Active one I take the message:

Unable to launch device manager from XXXX

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let me correct it - you have access to ASDM for standby and not Active, is this correct. (i was in impression another way around)

if the ASDM image not there in Active you need to copy it from standby or usb or TFTP to active and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Unable to launch device manager from XXXX

if the Primary working same configuration is synched with Standby when you join.

check the below line :  ( also compare the configuration both)

http xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.255.255 inside.   ( IP address to allow ASDM inside - check if you acces from MGMT interface)

also please confirm do you have ASDM copied in to standby unit

issue command "dir" see you have asdm in the flash

BB

The only way I can connect to the Active FW is by searching for it after having successfully opened ASDM for standby.

In few words, using secondary as "jump server" if we can say. I checked the dir flash: and the asdm image does not exist on active one

Let me correct it - you have access to ASDM for standby and not Active, is this correct. (i was in impression another way around)

if the ASDM image not there in Active you need to copy it from standby or usb or TFTP to active and test it.

BB