Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Router 4331 - Failover set up issues

amoth00011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have failover configured on 2 cisco 4331 vpn routers, the primary router and the secondary router are configured with different internet circuits. When testing the fail over, the secondary router takes over with no problem and everything can be accessed. So the failover works correctly in this sense. But.. there were a couple of issues accessing certain applications at site, now this seems to be resolved after taking a look at the ACL.

But now the secondary vpn router cannot be accessed via SSH on its loopback/management address. 

The primary can be accessed without issue and both tunnels are up. As a test we disabled the interface of the secondary router and we can access it via SSH. But as soon as we enabled the interface again and both tunnels are up, we cannot access the secondary via its loopback again. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue? 
I assume something to do with routing? Or i could possibly be on the wrong track. 

Many thanks!!

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the Same IP address loopback or different IP address ?  - are you able to access from Local Lan ?

Can you provide the relavant config to understand here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

It is a different IP address and no the user cannot access it from local LAN. 

!
interface Loopback0
ip address 169.5.239.35 255.255.255.255

!
router ospf 1
router-id 169.5.239.35
area 0.0.0.0 authentication message-digest
redistribute bgp 65108 metric 100 metric-type 1 subnets
passive-interface default
no passive-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0.109
network 169.5.239.35 0.0.0.0 area 0.0.0.0

Bit concerned of what configuration I am posting due to confidentiality. thanks a lot,