cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Solution vs. Nortel VPN Solution

ethomas1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any documentation interms of comparing Cisco's VPN solution vs. Nortel VPN solution?

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

We’re an all Cisco shop which makes support a breeze but I did look at Nortel’s Contivity 4500 when we deployed our 3060. Cisco’s solution was less expensive. The 4500 was not upgradeable (except the memory) either. The 3060 is modular and can easily by upgraded in the future. Now that it’s in place, I can tell you it’s fast, easily manageable and reliable. Those are some key reasons we went with Cisco. Hope it helps. I read a lot about both so if you a have a specific question, I’ll try to help you out. In any case, let me know which way you go.

Shumon,

Thank you very much for you reply. Shumon, by chance to you have any compartive doucumentation, or websites, or white papers that compare Cisco VPN solutions to Nortel's Contivity? Or any suggestions on where I could find some stuff? I have had a hard time locating stuff to use. Any assistance would be appreciated :)

-see ya-

I had to go back and forth between Cisco’s literature and Nortel’s. I think my Cisco office gave me some comparisons too so check with your rep for something current. Make sure to let me know if you find anything interesting. I know this technology is so new that these companies keep leap-frogging each other with features. Good luck with your decision.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: