cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear AnyConnect Azure SSO credentials

Jinseng
Level 1
Level 1

We just configured AnyConnect SSO on our Meraki appliances.  It's working well, but I have a question about clearing authentication.  My computer is Azure AD Joined and I login with my work email address.  That account also has the ability to authenticate to the AnyConnect VPN.  At one point I was prompted for authentication (a browser like window popped up and asked which account I wanted to use, I selected my work account signed in, and selected Yes when prompted to keep me signed in).  Now every time I connect using AnyConnect, it uses those credentials.  I want to test using another account, but I can't find how to clear those credentials.  I tried clearing my IE browser cache (files and cookies), but that didn't help.  I also tried reinstalling AnyConnect, and clearing "%ProgramData%\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client".  Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

if you are using Windows, try to clear the credential manager and clear the saved password. same removed from the other internet browsers as well that you are using.

Thanks,

Jitendra

Thanks,
Jitendra

We are using Windows.  There are no credentials stored in Manage Network Passwords, No credentials Stored in Edge Chromium, and this is a Windows 11 machine so IE doesn't exist on it to check.

After logging in once, now every time I click Connect, it automatically authenticates me.  I can't even view/confirm which credentials it's using.

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

please share and connect client preference setting snap.

Thanks,

Jitendra

Thanks,
Jitendra

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for.  Is this what you want to see?

Screenshot.PNG

rschaffer
Level 1
Level 1

Delete all files and folders under...

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\*.*

The VPN client will now prompt for credentials

I'm on windows 11 and tried this. It did not work. Azure SSO still uses the account I logged into the laptop with.

If you have a work account setup, you will need to disconnect it and delete the files under C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\*.*
Reboot and try the VPN client without reconnecting the work account. 

Remove work account: Settings>Accounts>Access work or school>Disconnect

Rschaffer, Disconnecting a work account will be a No-Go for many people/businesses.  Hopefully there's another way.

Jinseng
Level 1
Level 1

I no longer have this environment set up, but will keep this in mind if/when I run into this again. Thanks a lot.