cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CONNECTING TO VPN with WINDOWS 2000

wildzx
Level 1
Level 1

I need to be able to use my windows 2000 pro to connect to our company network (VPN). We have concentrator 3000 VPN. If anyone can help me, that would be great.

thanks

4 Replies 4

s-mehta
Level 1
Level 1

Firstly Do you have a VPN server setup , if to configure you win2k client go to-> Netowrk &Dial-up Connections->Make new connection ,

In the network connection wizzard , select Connect to private network through internet

next ,

Select no not dial the initial connection ( if u have dedicated line)

Give ip address of u r VPN server ,

You are all ready to go

I tried what you worte and it still does not work. I am connection tp a pix firewall through the internet.

I followed verbatim what you wrote and a dialog box appears stating that W2K did not find a modem. I am connecting to the internet with an adsl line.

Could you please tell me how to configure a vpn client to connect to my pix.

Many thnaks

j.escobedo
Level 1
Level 1

wildzx,

There is no VPN client for Windows 2000 Professional yet, but it would be sometime next year, around March time frame, last I heard. Check with the VPN administrator if they have L2TP for IPSEC enable. If they do, you can configure your Windows with L2TP for IPSec on your pc. But your VPN administrator might only have it configure for IPSec only. Hope this helps.

cvandiest
Level 1
Level 1

You can purchase Safe Net's latest VPN Client. It supports Windows 2000. I myself right now use Netscreen Remote 5.0 3DES VPN Client to connect to my client PIX's from my Windows 2000 Pro box. I have no problems at all since Cisco, Netscreen, Sonicwall and others OEM their clients from Safe Net. I just import my policy from my NT box with Cisco's VPN client into my Netscreen Client without a hitch.