Views
Helpful
Replies

DAP - Connection from inside to AnyConnect Client

hash2k2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using AnyConnect in combination with dynamic access policies and it's working fine.

Now we need to have tcp connection build up from a server on inside interface to a anyconnect Client.
But this blocked by the ACL.

syslog message is: 106103 access-list SSLVPN_ACL-PowerUser denied tcp for user <unknown> inside/10.x.x.x -> outside/10.29.x.x ...

What do I have to configure to allow this traffic?

We are running on 9.10(1)17 - 5525x

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

So you can see that the drop happened on "Phase 10" with sub-type "filter-aaa" which is either for VPN-filter or DAP policy.
You need to allow it in your DAP policy and then disconnect and connect again from the client.

-
Pulkit

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Pulkit Saxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Once you are connected, ideally the traffic from inside server should be allowed to anyconnect client without any issues unless we have an explicit ACL on inside interface or VPN-filter.
The log that you have shared points to a VPN-filter configuration :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/syslog/b_syslog/syslogs1.html#con_6393188

Error Message%ASA-4-106103: access-list acl_ID denied protocol for user username interface_name /source_address source_port interface_name /dest_address dest_port hit-cnt number first hit hash codes

Explanation A packet was denied by an access-list that was applied through a VPN filter. This message is the VPN/AAA filter equivalent of message106023.

So I believe we need to check the VPN-filter ACL and allow this traffic there.

-
Pulkit

Keep rating helpful posts.

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Currently we have an acl configured under "Dynamic Access Policies". In this ACL we just have permits like "Network SSLVPN -> internal server". Do I have to add a line like "permit internal sever -> Network SSLVPN" to allow traffic from inside to the vpn clients?

It has to be either the DAP ACL or the VPN filter, can you check where you have this configured, as per your log :
access-list SSLVPN_ACL-PowerUser denied tcp for user <unknown> inside/10.x.x.x -> outside/10.29.x.x
On basis of that, you can make the change.

-
Pulkit

okay,

since we havn't configured a vpn-filter on the group policy, it only could be the DAP ACL. I will add an entry like internal server ip -> network sslvpn and test it.

This does not solve the problem. I still get the syslog message like in my first post.

Check where exactly this ACL is configured.
Also best way would be to run a "packet-tracer" from the server IP as source to destination IP of anyconnect client once client is connected, and check where it is getting blocked.

-
Pulkit

okay, here is a packet-trace:

packet-tracer input inside tcp 10.29.7.126 20000 10.29.90.$

Phase: 1
Type: ROUTE-LOOKUP
Subtype: Resolve Egress Interface
Result: ALLOW
Config:
Additional Information:
found next-hop 10.29.90.4 using egress ifc outside

Phase: 2
Type: UN-NAT
Subtype: static
Config:
nat (inside,outside) source static DM_INLINE_NETWORK_65 DM_INLINE_NETWORK_65 destination static Netzwerk-VPNSSL Netzwerk-VPNSSL no-proxy-arp route-lookup
Additional Information:
NAT divert to egress interface outside
Untranslate 10.29.90.4/135 to 10.29.90.4/135

Phase: 3
Type: ACCESS-LIST
Subtype: log
Config:
access-group inside_access_in in interface inside
access-list inside_access_in extended permit object-group DM_INLINE_SERVICE_49 object VSRV-TEST object Netzwerk-VPNSSL
object-group service DM_INLINE_SERVICE_49
service-object icmp
service-object tcp destination eq 135
service-object tcp destination eq 445
Additional Information:

Phase: 4
Type: NAT
Subtype:
Config:
nat (inside,outside) source static DM_INLINE_NETWORK_65 DM_INLINE_NETWORK_65 destination static Netzwerk-VPNSSL Netzwerk-VPNSSL no-proxy-arp route-lookup
Additional Information:
Static translate 10.29.7.126/20000 to 10.29.7.126/20000

Phase: 5
Type: NAT
Subtype: per-session
Config:
Additional Information:

Phase: 6
Type: IP-OPTIONS
Subtype:
Config:
Additional Information:

Phase: 7
Type: SFR
Subtype:
Config:
class-map sfr
match access-list sfr_redirect
policy-map global_policy
class sfr
sfr fail-open
service-policy global_policy global
Additional Information:

Phase: 8
Type: FOVER
Subtype: standby-update
Config:
Additional Information:

Phase: 9
Type: WEBVPN-SVC
Subtype: out
Config:
Additional Information:

Phase: 10
Type: ACCESS-LIST
Subtype: filter-aaa
Result: DROP
Config:
Additional Information:

Result:
input-interface: inside
input-status: up
input-line-status: up
output-interface: outside
output-status: up
output-line-status: up
Action: drop
Drop-reason: (acl-drop) Flow is denied by configured rule

Hi,

So you can see that the drop happened on "Phase 10" with sub-type "filter-aaa" which is either for VPN-filter or DAP policy.
You need to allow it in your DAP policy and then disconnect and connect again from the client.

-
Pulkit

okay, I have added a permit from inside maschines to the vpn network into the DAP policy. The user has reconnected with anyconnect. But still the same syslog message.

Could this be a bug like: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd97319/?rfs=iqvred

There is definitly no vpn-filter added to the DfltGrpPolicy

you were correct.

This line solved my issue for a connection from an inside host to a vpn client.

access-list SSLVPN_ACL-PowerUser line 3 extended permit tcp 10.29.90.0 255.255.254.0 eq 9594 host 10.29.7.124

This line is for a connection from 10.29.7.127/32 -> 10.29.90.0/23 Port tcp/9594

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: