Helpful
Replies

DDR & multilink, OSPF routing

vinaymurthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My network setup is as follows

1. I have three routers, One Central Hub router, connecting to two spoke routers.

2. The hub router has two serail links, each connecting to spoke routers.

3. The hub router has one ISDN line(2B Channels) for backup.

4. I have configured ISDN dialer backup interface on serial links.

5. The hub router has two dialer interfaces.

6. In BRI interface, i have defined max-link of 1 for each dilaer interface.

7. The dialer interface has ip ospf point-point commands.

8. The ISDn kicks in & connects as soon as serial interface goes down with the above setup, but it does not pings to any of the remote networks.

9. If i give "ppp multilink" on dialer interfaces, it pings. but ISDN doesnot kicks in automatically.

How does a PPP multilink is related. I am using only one B channel to connect to remote site.

Can any one kindly guide me with this problem?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

can you post the configurations of both the hub router and one of the spoke routers ?

Regards,

GP

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the dial backup configured on the hub or on the spokes?

Is dial backup configured using floating static routes or using backup interface (or something else)?

When the serial goes down and the dialer comes up, does OSPF establish a neighbor relationship over the dialer?

Are the dialer interfaces configured with encapsulation ppp and with the correct authentication parameters?

If we knew answers to these questions we might be closer to finding an answer to your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi

Dial backup is configured on Hub router.

Dial backup is configured using backup interface.

No OSPF is not establishing the neighbor peer over the dialer.

Dialer interfaces configured with encapsualtion ppp. I have not configured any authentication parameters.

Regads

Vinay

There are a number of things that might produce the symptoms that you are having. These include potential problems with the configuration of backup interface, potential problems with configuration of the ISDN/dialer interface, configuration of OSPF on the interface. It would be helpful if you would post the configuration of the hub router and one of the spokes.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick