cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial in via AVVID solution

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for some advice. Today we have a setup where we provide ISDN dial connections and backup in via PRI and BRI from trunking provided by a Nortel PBX to Cisco routers. NI2 PRIs are extended from the PBX to a 5300, users dial a tollfree number that is routed thru the PBX across the NI2 PRIs to the 5300. ISDN U interfaces are extended from the PBX to a 3600 router with a quad BRI interface. Users dial a DID number that terminates on the PBX to connect. This scenario allows us to leverage out exiting infrastructure and provides a lot of flexibility.

This is all being replaced with a AVVID solution - Call Manager, Unity, and two 6503's with CMM cards. I am not sure how to provide the same services as above with this setup. I do not want to buy dedicated PRI's and BRI's for these dial in services from the phone company. I would think I should somehow be able to leverage the circuits that will terminate in the 6503's and controlled by the Call Manger to accomplish this. Any advice or a reference to a link would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AVVID solution is only for voice calls..not for data calls. AS5300 and 3600 can support data(modem and pure isdn call) and voice calls because they have modem or hdlc resources for data calls while DSP resources for voice calls. Both of them can also work as a router to route the traffic.

But CMM module in 6503 can only have DSP resources. So only voice calls are possible with CMM module as it doesn't have resources for data calls. Visit following link for more on features of CMM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_data_sheet09186a00800e9c1f.html

So replacing AS5300 & 3600 with PBX (which runs data and voice) with CM & Unity with CMM which only a solution for Voice calls. So you still need to design a system for data calls.

So does this mean that the AVVID solution can not support ISDN BRI video calls?