cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dialer load-threshold Question???

shaferr
Level 1
Level 1

I hve a question about diaer load-threshold. I know if the command is issued using a 1 as the load all b channels are intitialized and do not flap aslong as there is interesting traffic. My question is what if the command is not issued at all What happens to the other B channels. o they all initialize or o none of them ever initialize?? I have been unable to find a reference for this scenario. Thanks.

Rick

3 Replies 3

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

If you don't put dialer load-threshold, then this router will never add a second call to the bundle.

However, the partner might still do so. Furthermore, there are some other commands that can force the router ro add extra channels, but these are quite rarely used.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Kevin,

I was pretty certain that was the case but I was hoping for a reference. I havent been able to find one that states the other links will not be brought up. I am sure you are correct however.

Rick

Take a look at the following URL regarding speeding up the addition of ISDN B-Channels:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093c4a.shtml

Trust this confirms what you originally thought.