Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing L2TP from Router

asad747
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends!

i have a query.. i have a strongvpn acount which i can dial easily from my PC using either PPPTP or L2TP/IPsec VPN dialer.... But my requirement is to dial it from a CPE Router i have got. (837/2811)

is there any possibility to do this???? can someone share sample configuration or document required to achieve this.

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello friends!

i have a query.. i have a strongvpn acount which i can dial easily from my PC using either PPPTP or L2TP/IPsec VPN dialer.... But my requirement is to dial it from a CPE Router i have got. (837/2811)

is there any possibility to do this???? can someone share sample configuration or document required to achieve this.

Hi,

Check out th e below link hope to help !!

http://au.billion.com/downloads/VPN-L2TP%20FAQ.pdf

Ganesh.H

Dear Ganesh

This document is for Dialing L2TP from Windows... I asked about dialing it from Cisco router.

anyways i think its not possible... even though Cisco claims to have introduced this feature in IOS 12.3 onwards.. but i never managed to make it work.

Asad747,

Were you successful in getting your Cisco router configured via L2TP to StrongVPN?  I have a 881W running 15.1 and would love to do just what you described above.  But, I wanted to find a Cisco user that was successful before I signed up for StrongVPN.com.

Please do share your experience.  Thanks!!

James E

Hello James,

Unfortunately i was not able to succeed in Dialing L2TP from Cisco Router, altough in newer IOS documentations this feature is claimed to be supported. but i never managed to get it worked.

In the end i had to buy a small linksys router supporting opensouce image DD-WRT which has both L2TP and PPPTP clients present in it.. and it worked beautifully with strong VPN.

Regards,

Asad