Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN error message

Cheah Lit Thor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm setting up the DMVPN with 1 HUB and 2 spoke topology, after completed there was error message prompt out as below may i know what is this about?

*Apr  7 21:06:38.818: %CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_MAC_ERR: decrypt: mac verify failed for connection id=257 local=100.100.100.2 remote=200.200.200.2 spi=753D30A6 seqno=00000018

Thanks your help

Thor

4 Replies 4

suguoqiang
Level 1
Level 1

The MAC verify processing failed. This might be caused by the use of the wrong key by either party during the MAC calculations. This activity could be considered a hostile event.

Hi,

The key is correct, by the way i did this test at GNS3 please refer to attachment config.

Thanks

hi,

could you re-configure and try again?

HUB/SPOKE:

int tunnel x

no  tunnel protection ipsec profile cisco

router rip

no auto-summary

SPOKE:

int tunnel x

no ip nhrp map multicast dynamic

I have been searching for the same error as you are having, based on my search I came up with conclusion that it could be because a mismatch key, fast switching or just an IOS bug. If you said that the key is correct, then try to disable fast switching with no ip route-cache command on interface level. The last thing to try is by disabling the vpn accelarator on those routers, just keep in mind that then the encryption will be done on software. How often do you get the error?