Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN Phase 1 Connectivity

NBenat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I have a single hub, two spokes DMVPN Phase 1 topology but I can't get connectivity between the spokes. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. The attached file shows with the spokes routing tables that they can't reach each other but the tunnels between the spokes and the hub are up and running; at least from I can see. The configs are also in the attached file.

20 Replies 20

I'm not sure I understand the question but as I stated in my previous reply, your recommendation to replace named EIGRP with classic EIGRP worked. . It would be interesting to know why because I made no other changes that I know of.

@NBenat it worked because with named mode you specify all EIGRP configuration (including split horizon) under the router context, not on the tunnel interface. Example:

router eigrp EIGRP
!
address-family ipv4 unicast autonomous-system 5
!
af-interface <interface>
 no split-horizon

as My instructor @Rob Ingram  mention, you can config eigrp named and config split under address family not under tunnel interface. 

To make sure I don't blame named EIGRP for no reason, I wanted to try it again and it does work when split horizon is disabled on the interface and not the router. So, named EIGRP is okay. I'm just not sure what the purpose is to be able to configure it on the router level but this problem is definitely fixed.

You are so so welcome 

Hi MHM,

I forgot to mention that the txt file attached above is the complete lab config but here are some config screen captures: Thank you

SP_OSPF.JPG

R31_EIGRP.JPG

R41_EIGRP.JPG