cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency COVID-19 AnyConnect Entitlement

JimBob03268
Level 1
Level 1

It's February 2021, and I'm wondering if Cisco still provides emergency entitlements for COVID-19 AnyConnect licensing? If so, is this available for Firepower Threat Defense, and where do I find information?

I've reviewed the following document, but I'm unsure if this still an option.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/215330-obtaining-an-emergency-covid-19-anyconne.html

Otherwise, do you know of any other mechanism to aid a migration of AnyConnect licensing from ASA to FTD that would reduce end-user downtime? I want to move from a legacy ASA5515-X to an FPR-2110, and I know the legacy PAKs can be re-appropriated and converted to Smart Licensing to port over, but I need to make it seamless. I figured using the COVID-19 entitlement would buy me a little time to do the conversion post-deployment.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jim we had a issue few months (Nov-Dec) back where our ASA had a hardware failure we did RMA and the next morning it was a chaos as our whole company working from home could not connet to ASA headend later we find out our licences which were binded to out unit.  we open a P1 TAC case and the smart TAC engineer give us a COVID anyconnect liciences until we get our liciences re-host on the new unit.

Reach out your local cisco representative or cisco partner they will help you.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jim we had a issue few months (Nov-Dec) back where our ASA had a hardware failure we did RMA and the next morning it was a chaos as our whole company working from home could not connet to ASA headend later we find out our licences which were binded to out unit.  we open a P1 TAC case and the smart TAC engineer give us a COVID anyconnect liciences until we get our liciences re-host on the new unit.

Reach out your local cisco representative or cisco partner they will help you.

please do not forget to rate.