cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 1714. The older version of Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client cannot be removed.

Hi,

I got this error when trying to install version 4.7.04056. The old version is 4.2....

Error 1714. The older version of Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client cannot be removed.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED!
I found the old version product key in the MSI log...
MSI (s) (E8:4C) [00:38:33:457]: Warning: Local cached package 'C:\Windows\Installer\23d0a.msi' is missing.
MSI (s) (E8:4C) [00:38:33:457]: Unexpected or missing value (name: 'PackageName', value: '') in key 'HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\D16CBA9641EA33845A892E58A2A1AAA8\SourceList'
There is no PackageName value that is why I could not find this key with AnyCisco... value.
After removing this product key, installation should be run by double-clicking the *.msi installer and not by executing the installer in the command prompt (same error "InstallHelper.exe is not marked for installation)....

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

I tried the solution in the link below but I did not have this error "The file "ManifestTool.exe" is not marked for installation", the error is still the same. And I dont see any subkey value of "AnyConnect" on each registry key on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products...
https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/unable-to-install-anyconnect-client-quot-winsetup-release-web/td-p/2699218

Additional infos...
AnyConnect Installer: anyconnect-win-4.7.04056-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi

Update:
I found a key (related to AnyConnect) on this location --> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products.
I removed the key, and the error in the command prompt installation (as suggested in the link above) is now "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client -- Error 2753. The File 'InstallHelper.exe' is not marked for installation". Similar error in the link but different file (*.exe).
And still I dont see any subkey value of "AnyConnect" on each registry key on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products...

SOLVED!
I found the old version product key in the MSI log...
MSI (s) (E8:4C) [00:38:33:457]: Warning: Local cached package 'C:\Windows\Installer\23d0a.msi' is missing.
MSI (s) (E8:4C) [00:38:33:457]: Unexpected or missing value (name: 'PackageName', value: '') in key 'HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\D16CBA9641EA33845A892E58A2A1AAA8\SourceList'
There is no PackageName value that is why I could not find this key with AnyCisco... value.
After removing this product key, installation should be run by double-clicking the *.msi installer and not by executing the installer in the command prompt (same error "InstallHelper.exe is not marked for installation)....

mperez0908
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently upgrading the Cisco AnyConnect client from 4.9.05042 to 4.10.01075. We are using the ASA to push the software down to the clients. When the user connects to the computer, the AnyConnect software is pushed down successfully but it fails during the installation process.

After the installation fails we tried to re-install the software manually but it kept failing to install. I followed the propose solution on the thread and I was able to install the software successfully.

My question, is the problem still happening? I mean, the problem got fixed by deleting the registry keys but on the next upgrade did it happen again?

Thanks,

Martin

sd-wan_engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Per today the issue remains.

Delete the keyHKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products for anyconnect and install the file.

Version we had issues was Cisco-Secure-Clientwin-5.0.05040