cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Migration From FMC to FDM

Scott_22
Level 1
Level 1

Due to a security concern of running the sftunnel over a WAN a connection we may need to use the FDM over FMC. The FTD appliance is currently configured with a manager - what do I need to do to manage the appliance locally? If I remove the manager from the CLI, will that give me access to the FDM? I do have ssh access to the management, but currently cannot console in. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Scott_22 

Use the command configure manager delete to delete the FMC manager, but the configuration won't be wiped. To wipe the configuration you'd need to run the commands configure firewall transparent and then configure firewall routed, all configuration will be removed (I don't believe the management configuration is lost, best you test this beforehand). You configure local management using the command configure manager local.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@Scott_22 

Use the command configure manager delete to delete the FMC manager, but the configuration won't be wiped. To wipe the configuration you'd need to run the commands configure firewall transparent and then configure firewall routed, all configuration will be removed (I don't believe the management configuration is lost, best you test this beforehand). You configure local management using the command configure manager local.

HTH

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

My question is: If I remove FTD (in routed mode) from FMC and want to manage FTD locally using FDM, then using below steps won't remove config ?

Step 1 -  Delete FTD from FMC.

Step 2 - Login to FTD using SSH and then use "configure manager delete"

Step 3 - Then after removing manager, use command "configure manager local" to enable FDM access.