cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G.SHDSL HWIC in back-to-back operation mode

abolfathi_0248
Level 1
Level 1

i want to know can i configure two cisco 2811 with G.SHDSL HWIC (with Cisco ISO 12.4T-15)installed in back-to-back operation that one of my Cisco 2811 setup as CO (central Office) and the other one in CPE mode when i only have copper lines (without DSLAM).the cisco website mentioned about this feature only on Cisco 878 and old G.SHDSL-v3-WIC .

2 Replies 2

bedergez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It works fine. Configure one side as co and the other as cpe.

controller SHDSL 0/1/0

termination co

dsl-group 0 pairs 0

shdsl annex B

shdsl rate 2304

interface ATM0/1/0

no ip address

load-interval 30

no atm ilmi-keepalive

!

interface ATM0/1/0.10 point-to-point

ip address 10.10.0.1 255.255.255.0

pvc 0/10

protocol ip 10.10.0.2 broadcast

The CPE side is the same except the controller configuration (and the IP-s of course). If you match the right pairs it will work.

Here are the pin assignments:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/prod_qas0900aecd80591ff1.html

thanks to your reply.

but there are some issues :

1-the url that you mentioned , obviously describe that only HWIC-4SHDSL supports both CPE and central-office modes for diagnostic purposes and only in ROM monitor mode.

2-some people argue (in this forum) that the commands for CO/CPE is not avaiable to configure (i think because this HWIC only support CPE mode).

while i am going to buy the hardware from my budget for my customer and i think it is possible that this new HWIC don't not work in Back-to-Back operation i prefer to buy Cisco-878 that cisco website clearly defined it work in back-to-back mode (with no DSLAM).

something else : are you sure that you run new HWIC-4SHDSL on Cisco-ISR ? or you run the old G.SHDSL-v3 WIC ?

again thank.