cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting a static IP on anyconnect VPN

Mike Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I have an internal application which requires operators to have a static IP address.  I'm looking for a way to do this for our VPN users.  At the moment they are given a random DHCP address from a pool.  Is there an easy way to get a static address assigned to VPN users on a Cisco ASA5510 anyconnect VPN?

4 Replies 4

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Well the very simplest way to achieve this on the ASA alone is to configure the VPN Client usernames on the ASA. Then you can configure the username to always get the same IP address from the ASA when they connect to ASA with AnyConnect. This IP address is configured under the usernames settings.

- Jouni

Do you know of a way I might be able to make this work using Server 2008R2 as a Radius server?

Jouni,

Would I be able to configure the VPN Client usernames on the ASA through the Cisco ASDM tool?   

Looks like I need to configure about 15 users that will require the same IP address when they use the AnyConnect Client into my Cisco ASA.   Could you direct me in the ASDM tool or what would be the commands to complete this?

Thank you very much for assistance!!

Bobby