cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Heads up - Thomson TG585i and Cisco ASA IPsec VPN no worky.

Simen Ringstad
Level 1
Level 1

I was rolling out some 5505's last week and had some trouble with four sites. The IPsec tunnel went up fine but the network was really slow, take-hours-to-log-on-to-windows-slow.

It turned out the router/modem provided by the ISP ( Telenor ) was the culprit. When I switched to another model the network was just fine.

This one didn't work: Thomson TG585i v7

wlan.jpg

This one did: Thomson Speedtouch ST546

router.jpg

Thx to Telenor for providing replacement devices on short notice.

If anyone have an insight into why it didn't work - please enlighten me. I don't have the time or expertise to look into it.

1 Reply 1

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simen,

The below is just my personal experience, it's not is statement by my employer any everything I say is not to be treated as word from Cisco, just so we're clear.

I worked at least on 3 cases involving Thomson devices where the exact behavior would be similar to a firewall capable of inspecting SPI values of IPSec headers.

Problem was that there were no features like this listed in configuration (and in one case we didn't have access to configuration).

That being said I also had a Thomson ADSL router at home for a almost two years and never had ANY problems with it.

Marcin