Views
Helpful
Replies

Help needed setting up site-to-site VPN with ip/port filtering with SA520W

stef.Andries
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer of mine needs to access a web-based security camera at a 3rd party. They have -- except for the camera deal -- no relationships with each other.

One suggested option to accomplish this is the set-up of a site-2-site VPN connection with them, however I'm a bit shiverish about this since it would mean we're actually hooking up the two networks (of none-trusted partners) together...

Certainly (and here I need help :-) ) since the traffic is encrypted and the SA520W has no way to set-up firwall rules "on top" of this VPN connection. It can only do so on it's physical interfaces aparently.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can accomplish the requirement ?

Basically, it comes down to: "3rd party wants to allow Customer to access his web-based camera in a secure way, from the Customer's office only"

regards,

Stef

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stef,

I believe it should be possible to run a firewall on the SA520, but since this question is about a product in the Cisco Small Business / Linksys range, I suggest you move it to the community, where you will have a better chance of getting expert advice.

best regards,

Herbert
Cisco Moderator

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: