Replies

Help with setting up Remote VPN

clementq1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently our company is using following:

Linksys WAG200G(54Mbps):     ADSL Modem/DHCP/Firewall/port forwarding/wireless

CISCO ESW-540-8P switch for intranet: 1x Windows Server 2012 Standard/ 1x NAS and connected to 1x CISCO WAP4410N for wireless

We intend to enable our network for remote VPN( 1 to 5 users) and as well as upgrading the WAG200G to new equipment to use 802.11n wireless.

Would hope someone can suggest stable small business equipment/s for our upgrade? I have previously bought the WAP4410N and tried upgrading to 802.11n for all our users but was not successful as this unit constantly give us access problems. So right I am only using this for my support purpose. I read the WAP321 is a stable equipment from community comments so may consider getting one for 802.11n access. As for VPN and ADSL modem, hope someone can suggest suitable stable models.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

tobyarnett
Level 1
Level 1

There are many devices that can provide you a VPN solution. Personally I would get a router of some sorts maybe a 2800 or 1800 series and then create a L2 tunnel config on it. There are many links on the web where you could almost do a copy paste of the config. The issue will then be the ability to do a NAT to the router and setting up internal access. That is always unique to the environment so I couldn't help more there without a better diagram and basic configs.

Here is a link with sample configs
http://tekcert.com/blog/2006/12/14/configuring-cisco-router-accept-vpn-connections

-Toby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-Toby

Please don't forget to rate any helpful post.

tobyarnett
Level 1
Level 1

Clement,

Was that link helpful? Did you still need any more help?

Toby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-Toby

Please don't forget to rate any helpful post.

Hi Toby,

Thanks for the link. However I am thinking of a more simple setup such as using RV220W that uses SSL VPN so that user remote access is still possible when there are proxy in public places such as in hotel. Other methods like PPTP or QuickVPN are likely to bump into external firewalls/proxy as I have no control over them.

Regards,

Clement