Views
Helpful
Replies

HostScan for Newer ASA Version

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am not a bit updated regarding hostscan, but I have watched some video tutorials that hostscan can do pre-login checks. Does this pre-login checks still capable for new versions of ASA and hostscan?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Yes it appears so, it's still supported in the latest AnyConnect version 4.6 and I've personally run it on ASA 9.8 or 9.9 recently. I believe ISE Posture Compliance is considered the replacement for Hostscan.

HTH

Hi RJI,

Thanks for the feedback.

Even the HostScan Pre-Login policies are still supported? Because if I can remember just 3 months ago I tried to implement hostscan but I did not see any pre-login policy section in my ASDM, I only check the posture using the DAP.

Thanks

Ok, I've just uploaded hostscan in my lab and no I cannot see PreLogin Policy either (after restarting ASDM). I assume it's now depreciated, trying to people force down the ISE Posture route.

Hi RJI,

do you have any cisco documentation that support the deprecation of the hostscan? I tried to search over the internet but i cannot see any relevant document.

thank you.

Hostscan itself is not deprecated, but the pre-login policy feature was removed when the Hostcan 4.x release came out. I don't think this was ever documented in any release notes or depreciation notice.  You can still use Hostscan to scan endpoints, but all the old CSD features except Hostscan are deprecated from 4.x.