cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to export and distribute a setting in the "Cisco System VPN Client 5.0.07.0410"

Hi,

I have distributed the "Cisco System VPN Client 5.0.07.0410" to a lot of laptops.

But I get a lot of call on that the VPN client does not start automatically, when the user tries to log on the computer.

I have located the setting in the Cisco System VPN Client program, under the "Options" => "Windows Logon Properties..." => Mark the "Enable start before logon" setting... If this setting is marked the VPN client starts automatically as it should.

I have tried to make a registry export with the program "Regshot 1.8.2", but it seem like that even though I locate all the registry settings correctly, it does not change the setting in the VPN program.

Do you have any ideas to how I can automatic set this setting on all the computers with the VPN program installed?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

2 Replies 2

The registry settings I have exported are:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"GinaDLL"="CSGina.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"ori_ExpectedDialupDelay"=dword:ffffffff
"ExpectedDialupDelay"=dword:0000003c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"ori_ExpectedDialupDelay"=dword:0000003c
"ExpectedDialupDelay"=dword:0000003c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\VPN Client]
"GinaInstalled"=dword:00000001

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Hi,

I found a solution:

I could not get the registry export to work, but I found out that all the configuration settings in the Cisco VPN Agent are in the two following files:

"vpnclient.ini" & "internal.ini"... both files are located in the folder: %programfiles%\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\.

These two files I distributed to the computer after a silent installation of the Cisco VPN program, and it works .

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: