cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to launch AnyConnect without auto-connecting?

John Getzke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am interested in finding a way to launch the VPNui.exe application, but I don't want the VPNui to auto connect to its default connection.  The goal is to let the application run in the systray until the user calls upon it. 

My problem is that when I manually launch the VPNui.exe from a network connection the VPN responds with an error (cant VPN connect to the same network obviously).  If there were a way to call/launch the VPNui without it attempting a connection that would be perfect.

I have played around with the VPNAgent service and the Run registry string that calls VPNui.exe -autolaunched.  -Autolaunched is great when the machine has been freshly rebooted.  The VPN will wait for an open broadband connection before acting, it doesn't do anything on the VPN network which is what I want.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

John Getzke
Level 1
Level 1

I may have mistyped something in my script.  Now the -autolaunched command appears to be working exactly the way I wanted it to.  VPNUI.exe now connects on broadband but sits and waits on corporate network connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: