cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to stop hackers for Cisco 5505

ThomasMull9000
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to review any unwanted traffic coming to my device , especially hackers that trying to crack and hack my cisco 5505 can any one please help me any command for just some tips to figure out what hackers are doing to me and how to protect my device

Thanks a lot

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thomas,

Typically all access TO the ASA is prohibited unless explicitly allowed.

You should also monitor PSIRT bulletins for known vulnarabilities in services (like SSH, HTTP, WEBVPN etc etc) and upgrade if an advisory has been posted.

Marcin

Hi Thomas,

As mentioned by Marcin (5 stars), the best way is to keep an eye on important information.

On the other hand, you could also place a packet-capture on the outside interface of the ASA or enable logs on the FW and check for any unknown connection attempt.

ASA/PIX/FWSM: Packet Capturing using CLI and ASDM Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080a9edd6.shtml

PIX/ASA 7.x and later with Syslog Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080a9edd6.shtml

Let us know if you have further questions or mark this as answered.

Please rate any post that you find helpful.

To give you good advice, you need to tell us what kind of services you are running on the Outside. SSH? VPN? ASDM? ... Published Servers?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks all of you

Marcin , javier , and Karsten you gave me a helpful inforamtion , i like it

if a gave you snapshot of my Cisco firewall , we have site to site vpns and remote VPNs . all monitoring and configuraiton are giong of ASDM , and we have one outside interface for public ISP , and 4 inside networks for our private networks .

so i want to check if some one tryies to access or hack for our Amazing Cisco 5505

Thanks all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: