cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hub and Spoke VPN network traffic between two spoke points

asoka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a hub and spoke VPN network, and all traffic is from remote office to datacenter,

I have a request to build a tunnel between two remote offices to be able to access some servers between two remote offices,

Can I just change the interesting traffic ACLs at to include let say office A to office B within gthe Office A to Datacenter tunnel and Office B to Datacenter tunnel.

By doing this, can I avoide building tunnel between two offices (And B)

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can make the traffic between the two spokes go to thru the hub or build a new tunnel between spokes.

If the Hub is an ASA you need to allow same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

If the hub and spokes are routers you can also use DMVPN to dynamically establish a tunnel between spokes when needed.

Federico.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

You can make the traffic between the two spokes go to thru the hub or build a new tunnel between spokes.

If the Hub is an ASA you need to allow same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

If the hub and spokes are routers you can also use DMVPN to dynamically establish a tunnel between spokes when needed.

Federico.

Thanks Federico, My hub and spokes are routers(cisco), means I have to add traffic to interesting traffic ACLs and allow fraffic thr firewall isnt it.

Do I have to pay attension to routing of the traffic between spoke sites through hub point.

Cheers

Correct.

Include the interesting traffic in the ACLs and routing should take care of it.

Are you using a routing protocol or static routes?

Federico.

Thanks Federico, I am using static routes

Cheers