cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel AX200 WLAN slow

david.balazic
Level 1
Level 1

I have Windows 10 21H1 with an Intel AX200 WiFi adapter, and also AnyConnect version 4.9.06037

I noticed WiFi is very slow, download is about 26 Mbps and upload 48 Mbps. It should be several hundreds. My phone on the same network gets 435/95 (the internet connection is 500/100). I used speedtest.net to measure.

I already updated the WiFi driver to version 22.80 using Windows Update and then also downloaded and installed version 22.90 from intel.com

Neither helped.

The info box says the WiFi Is connected with Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac) and link speed is 866/866 Mbps.

This worked fine before, but this week I reinstalled Windows. I also loaded all system updates. (I was not using AnyConnect before the reinstallation).

Is this some known issue? Any idea?

I tried to turn off "Packet Coalescing" in Device Manager, but it does not make any visible change.

Regards,

David

5 Replies 5

david.balazic
Level 1
Level 1

Note: the network is slow regardless if I actually connect to VPN or not.

Are you using the Cisco Anyconnect Network Access Manager to control the wireless connection?  If so this issue is under investigation with Microsoft.

I am not really "using" it (the AnyConnect SMC is (pre)installed and configured by IT), but the Network Access Manager GUI lists the wired and wireless networks that I use. So I guess the answer is "yes".

david.balazic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Now I have AnyConnect version 4.10.04071 and a bunch of Windows updates and the issue does not happen any more.

Now the WLAN speed is 485/97 Mbps, which is OK.

You should be using the newest version of the Intel driver from the Intel website.  Intel fixed some issue, ( I think in 22.160.x.x or 22.170 later) with regards to slow performance.  22.190.x.x is the latest.