cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPAD2 issues with Anyconnect CSD/DAP

somerset-cc
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently acquired a Mobile License for Our asa's (8.4).

They are now able to connect but I am unable to get PRE-LOGIN checks or Dynamic access policy host checking to work.

All documentation points to the fact that this should be possible on IPADS.

Both are enabled. Dap and PRE-login checks.

If I connect using a laptop to the asa I get pre-login checks/dap works.

If  I connect using the IPAD(version 5.0) to the same Profile I do not get any pre-login checks.

It seems as though no CSD will work.

I am using anyconnect 2.5.4049 and the ASA seems to be configured correctly. There was no other software in the appstore to download.

If anyone has any experience of this it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Sam

3 Replies 3

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Csd isn't going to work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Documentation for the ipad's from Cisco seem to point that it will work? That was why we were trying to fix the issue.

If this is not the case please let me know.

Thanks

Sam

Release Notes for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 2.5.x, for Apple iOS

New Features in AnyConnect 2.5.4038

Mobile Posture

You can now configure the ASA to permit or deny VPN connections to mobile devices, enable or disable mobile device access on a per group basis, and gather information about connected mobile devices based on a mobile device's posture data.

Licensing Requirements

Enforcing remote access controls and gathering posture data from mobile devices requires an AnyConnect Mobile license and either an AnyConnect Essentials or AnyConnect Premium license to be installed on the ASA. Here is the functionality you receive based on the license you install.

AnyConnect Premium License Functionality

The AnyConnect Premium license provides all the functionality the AnyConnect Essentials License provides. In addition, enterprises that install the AnyConnect Premium license will be able to enforce DAP policies, on supported mobile devices, based on the Mobile Posture attributes and any other existing endpoint attributes. This includes allowing or denying remote access from a mobile device.

AnyConnect Essentials License Functionality

Enterprises that install the AnyConnect Essentials license will be able to do the following:

Enable or disable mobile device access on a per group basis and to configure that feature using ASDM.

Display information about connected mobile devices via CLI or ASDM without having the ability to enforce DAP policies or deny or allow remote access to those mobile devices.

look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csd/csd311/csd_for_asa/configuration/guide/CSDJntro.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: