Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC CONFIGS MIGRATION BETWEEN FTDs

fmugambi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team,

Is it possible to migrate IPsec configurations from one FTD to another being managed by same FMC but sit on different DCs?

If yes, what tool can I use?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let say as example DCA-FTD vpn is already configured, and now you need to migrate this vpn tunnel to DCB-FTD. you will go into Devices--->VPN-Site-to-Site edit your interested vpn-tunnel.  here at Endpoints at NodeA/NodeB at Devices you will drop down and from this list you will select the new migration FTD. as you select the migration FTD rest of the setting on this page i.e Interface and Public IP address set as Empty. Now fill up these information. for IKEV1 or IKEV2 setting will stay the same. but you can double check it. once all done deploy the policy from the FMC to both old and new migrated FTDs. no it will not be a dubplicate. bear in mind do this in change window.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Migration of IPsec between FTDs managed by the same FMC is still possible, you'll just need to do it manually. Here's the process:

1. Use the FMC to create a Point-to-Point VPN topology.
  2. Define each FTD (source and destination) as a Node within the topology.
  3. Assign the local networks for each FTD within the topology.
  4. Configure the IKE/IPsec settings and choose either pre-shared key or certificates for authentication.
  5. Create Access Control Policy (ACP) rules to allow traffic over the VPN.
  6. Configure NAT exemption rules to ensure traffic isn't unintentionally translated.
  7. Deploy the policy to both FTD devices.

This manual configuration process might take some time, but it allows migrating IPsec between FTDs within the same FMC.

fmugambi
Spotlight
Spotlight

currently on the fmc, i have 3 device options, dca ftd, dcb ftd & extranet. remote connections are extranet, but mapped to dca ftd. if needed to map those connections to dcb ftd, i need to create other ipsec configs as explained above? will they not like but duplicated?

or can i change under device to point to dcb ftd?

Let say as example DCA-FTD vpn is already configured, and now you need to migrate this vpn tunnel to DCB-FTD. you will go into Devices--->VPN-Site-to-Site edit your interested vpn-tunnel.  here at Endpoints at NodeA/NodeB at Devices you will drop down and from this list you will select the new migration FTD. as you select the migration FTD rest of the setting on this page i.e Interface and Public IP address set as Empty. Now fill up these information. for IKEV1 or IKEV2 setting will stay the same. but you can double check it. once all done deploy the policy from the FMC to both old and new migrated FTDs. no it will not be a dubplicate. bear in mind do this in change window.