cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPsec(IKEv1) VPN still available for use?

Hello,

Recently, my integrator made some updates and applied some patches to our ASA 5508-K9 and we are unable to connect to the ASA for VPN anymore without using the Cisco app. We are all Mac users and we have been setting up through the Mac VPN setup under Networks using Cisco IPSec. Our integrator is now saying the Cisco has disable the Cisco IPSec in one of the recent updates and we would have to set everyone up using the Cisco app. Can someone please let me know if this is true or if he's blowing smoke.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, it is in the config guide below. But you should have a conversion with them and see if they can provide any docs that show it's unsupported. They might be trying to get you to use the Anyconnect client which is the Cisco recommended application for remote access VPN.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa98/configuration/vpn/asa-98-vpn-config/vpn-remote-access.html

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the star below.
-Troy J.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Troy Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know what changes were made? Can post the software version for the ASA? You might be right because remote access IPSec is supported on the latest release. But you could have an interim or some other special release which changes that. 

-Troy J.

ASA Version: 9.8(2)38

I asked them to run the patch to fix the ASA DoS flaw and they probably ran some updates. Other than that, I don't know.

Thanks

Well, it is in the config guide below. But you should have a conversion with them and see if they can provide any docs that show it's unsupported. They might be trying to get you to use the Anyconnect client which is the Cisco recommended application for remote access VPN.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa98/configuration/vpn/asa-98-vpn-config/vpn-remote-access.html

-Troy J.