Helpful
Replies

Work VPN and Home LAN on the same subnet

amit chaturvedy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The issue is this: 

We are using Anyconnect VPN to access our corporate network from internet. My office local subnet is 10.0.0.0/8. when some user connectcted from Home is inject 10.0.0.0/8 series of route to his PC.

Now my question is there any way if customer/user is using 10 series of subnet at home devices and when he connected to VPN AnyConnect adds a route for the 10.0.0.0/8 network, routing IPs in this address space over the VPN. Because after connecting VPN he is not able to access LAN devices.

Please suggest should i need to make any changes in Cisco ASA for user to use his LAN while connecting with VPN?

Please find the routing table below after VPN connected. 

aa.jpg

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

so what is the ip addresses of the user with the VPN client?  10.0.100.x?

is there a route back from your corporate LAN to that subnet?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Yes, user LAN subnet range is 10.0.100.x.

No route is coming from corporate lan to that subnet.

Issue is only user is not able to access any local devices that he setup at home office from 10.0.100.x after connecting the Anyconnect. Because we are using 10.x.x.x series of subnet in corporate network and after connected to VPN its prefer to connect only Corporate network.

Is there any settings of configuration that will helpful to user same subnet for both at a time?

Are you really using the entire 10.0.0.0/8 subnet in your corporate network? Are you using 10.0.0.0/16? I think you may have to solve this problem by being more deliberate with your tunneled traffic access list on the ASA by excluding the home or remote subnet.