Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec Remote VPN clients are not able to communicate eachother

shanmugam.n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We are configured the Remote IPSec VPN on cisco  1800 series router.The Clients are able to login to VPN and access the local corporate network Servers . But VPN Clients are not able to communicate with  other VPN clients using their VPN Adapter IP.

Components used :

CISCO VPN Client 5.7

Router 1800 Series

Please help me.

Regards,

Shanmugam Nachimuthu.

9 Replies 9

shanilkumar2003
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Shanmugam,

VPN clients should not communicate each other through VPN adapter. through RAVPN you hsould be able to connect to head end access resources in thier reachability

Regards,

Shanil

Hi Shanil,

Thnks for the reply..

You mean to say , VPN clients won't communicate through VPN adapter IP which get assgin from the VPN IP Pool .

is it correct?..

if it so please tell me how i make rechability between both clients using VPN Pool assiged IPs ..

Exact Requirement :

CISCO Jabber client video calling through VPN. The Cleints are registering eith server using VPN adapter IP address. When the both clients are communicating for video call , the traffic will be sent from clients  VPN IP to VPN IP.so I need reachability between for those VPN client IPs.

Regards,

Shanmugam.

Yes. i think its not possibile to make connectivity between 2 RA VPNclients, you may need to go with any other olution

VIP,s and experts please advice and correct me if iam wrong..

Regards,

Shanil

I think its possibile please go through below discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/239160

thanks

Shanil

I am using Remote IPSec VPN (client based )on Router 1800 Series. That discussion & link provided is for site to site VPN only.

Please help.

Components used :

VPN Client : CISCO VPN client 5.0.7

Router : CISCO 1800 series

Regards,

Shamugam

Dear Experts ,

Please help ASAP ...

Regards,

Shanmugam

Hi,

Please help..

regards.

Shanmugam

YANN SOPHEAK
Level 1
Level 1

this is a good post..

pope30349
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your not NATing the RA IP's. the reason is the traffic leaves the firewall to get to the other IP. If you don't have a no-nat rule it will be NATed as it go's out the fire wall to the other person.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App