cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is WebVPN supported on C860 routers?

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

For some self study I've been attempting to configure WebVPN on a C860 running this code:

Cisco IOS Software, C860 Software (C860VAE-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 15.5(3)M

Following a guide on Cisco on how to set this up I get to the point where I configure the webvpn gateway, but the webvpn command is not recognised.

I'm coming to the conclusion that although the 15.5 version should support this feature its not supported in my hardware/image combination.

The feature navigator doesn't seem to cover the 15.5 images, so that isn't much help either.

Is my conclusion correct, or is there another image that I can use with the c860VAE to get this to work?

Cheers

Andy

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andy

A couple years ago I implemented AnyConnect SSL VPN on an 892 router and it worked. I do not have experience with the 860 router but assume that it would have similar capabilities for VPN. I am not sure what document you are working for but think this one looks like it would be helpful

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200533-AnyConnect-Configure-Basic-SSLVPN-for-I.html

I notice this part and wonder if licensing requirements are related to your issue

• IOS 15.3 and beyond - earlier versions offer Right to Use* licenses. Starting in 15.3(3)M, the SSLVPN feature is available after you boot into a securityk9 technology-package

For RTU licensing, an evaluation license will be enabled when the first webvpn feature is configured (that is, webvpn gateway GATEWAY1) and the End User License Agreement (EULA) has been accepted. After 60 days, this evaluation license becomes a permanent license. These licenses are honor based and require a paper license to be purchased in order to use the feature. Additionally, rather than being limited to a certain number of uses, the RTU allow for the maximum number of simultaneous connections which the router platform can support concurrently.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick