cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Problem - Cisco 804

bartmasterson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 804 in my home office that I have had in service for over 1.5 years now. Recently I've started to experience problems that manifest themselves in various ways such as failure to resolve host names and timeouts attempting to connect to known hosts. I've contacted my ISDN line provider, Qwest.com, and they have run their tests until they're blue in the face, and report no problems. My ISP is Qwest.net and they are pointing their finger at my hardware. There are 2 PCs connected to the 804 and both experience the same problems...ergo not a PC problem. I have changed nothing on my end. The problems just started.

Attached is the console output from "debug isdn events". It covers more than one instance of boot. The very last message in the output is almost always present when my problem manifests itself.

Can anyone tell me what this debug information is telling me, if anything? Or what information I should extract to help pinpoint the problem? I'm planning to try another router/modem to help isolate the source of the problem but not buying a new piece of hardware that I'll only be able to use for a short period (I'm moving to an area with other options) of time would be preferred.

Thanks.

Bob

rlmoore@seagate.com

ps - I also attached a copy of the log that occurred whilst attaching the original logfile. The router crashed with a memory protection fault. This could be a h/w problem after all.

1 Reply 1

Hello Bob,

I think you are heading for a hardware failure with your memory. If you want to spend the money, you could try and install new memory, you can find it here:

http://www.memoryx.net/800router.html

Regards,

GP