Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Java Broken when on SSL VPN

I have the latest version of Java installed Java 7 Update 9, and the latest version of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (3.1.01065). When disconnected from the VPN, i can run any java application that I want. If I am connected to the VPN, every Java application fails. Things like management consoles for EMC/Cisco they open whatever window they should, and then fail for various reasons. I should also mention it does not matter which Browser i try to launch a console from, IE, IE x64, Firefox, Chrome...

One example is trying to load the Cisco USC Manager console, it begins to load the Java splash screen, and then errors out with "Unable to launch the application." with this on the error tab:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: https://10.50.2.10/ucsm/unpacked/centrale.jar

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine._downloadCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can hit the web site on my UCS https://10.50.2.10 to launch the UCSM, so it's not necessarily an issue with firewall config allowing traffic to that location, but maybe a type of scan or something else, i'm just not able to think of a way to track that down...

Cheers,

Chris

0 Replies 0