Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP fails over vti tunnel ipsec

curdubanbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a site to site vpn tunnel route-based ikev2 between 2 asa's and I am trying to obtain aaa ldap for anyconnect. 

The topology is like this:

ASA1 <----------IPSEC-vti tunnel (working)--------> ASA2 (anyconnect config remote authentication with AD using ldap)

The main problem is that i can't add at source interface the virtual int "aaa-server LdapServers (Tunnel100???) host x.x.x.x", only the physical interfaces "aaa-server LdapServers (OUTSIDE) host x.x.x.x" . I added the physical interface where the tunnel has it's source, but no good, still error unreachable server. Can you please help?

The configuration is correct, other traffic works, tunnel is up.

2 Replies 2

nick.alexandru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem and I couldn't find any solution to it.

There is a similar case but with firepower appliances described here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/firepower/ftd-source-interface-for-ldap-queries/td-p/3711561

Should this be a limitation or a feature ? The fact that you cannot source LDAP queries via the VTI interface but only through a Physical one is limiting your choices.

I ran into this and if you just use an inside interface instead of the outside interface, it will route correctly over the VTI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: