Helpful
Replies

Linksys BEFSX41 VPN to Pix 515E

rod.caglia
Level 1
Level 1

I've been scouring forums and the cisco website to get this vpn going now for

about a week. Total newbie to vpn's :o

I have a 515E at my main site and a couple remotes with linksys befsx41 vpn routers on cable and dsl. The Pix has 3 interfaces, outside, dmz and inside.

I have succesfully setup the Pix for pptp and ipsec using the Cisco Vpn client and was able to access the internal network ok. Now I'm trying to get the linksys connected with no luck. Just to make sure I didn't have any overlapping configurations, I no'd all the vpn client setup to bring the Pix back to a clean config before trying to setup the ipsec site to site.

My main goal is to have the linksys routers initiate the connection and allow 3 or 4 users access over the tunnel to the main site.

Anyone who can guide me in the right direction without having to get my CCIE first I would appreciate it!

TIA

Rod

79 Replies 79

SHA is the answer!!! After many configuration changes, the tunnel came up successfully by using SHA - instead of MD5.

Yes, that was my experience. I worked on this two years ago and it didn´t work with BEFSX41. It worked with BEFVP41. But I don´t know what happen today.

Hello,

Would you mnd sharing the config to get this working?

Thanks

sarat1317
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rod

I have a problem too with ASA and Linksys in phase2. Can you please send me the config to sarahi1317@yahoo.co.in

Also I have Linksys configured to get a DHCP address from ISP. Can you please advise how can I configure the remote peer on ASA unit. I do have other remote sites with Linksys units on static IPs connecting to ASA.

In case, may be Rod is not checking this forum, can anyone please send me the configs of PIX and Linksys units.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

tostrander
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible to also have the config?

tost@kichler.com

Thanks